General Manager Terry Deitz 570-207-8561
Program Director: Mark Hoover 570-207-8568
Production Director: Leo Flynn 570-207-8554
Chief Engineer: Kevin Fitzgerald 570-207-8558
Traffic & Continuity Director: Mari Olshefski 570-207-8570
Business Office: Donna Ryan 570-207-8569
Call Letters: WEZX/WPZX/WFUZ Dial Position: 106.9, 105.9. 107.3 1240 AM
Coverage Area: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton/Hazleton Address: 149 Penn Ave Scranton PA, 18503
Office Phone: 570-346-6555 Second Phone: 570-961-1842 Office Fax: 570-346-6038 Request Line: 1-888-Rock-107
EEO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Notification of Job Vacancies The Scranton Times, L.P., license holder of WEZX, WPZX , WFUZ WQFM and WEJL, ESPN is an equal opportunity employer. The Scranton Times, L.P. provides notification of full-time job vacancies to organizations assisting job seekers. Any organization which would like to receive notification of job openings at our stations should contact us and request to be included on our employment opportunity notification list. Organizations can make such requests by mail: The Scranton Times L.P./WEZX Employment Opportunity Notification 149 Penn Avenue Scranton, PA 18503 By fax (570) 346-6038 When making such requests please provide us with the name of the organization, the address, the phone number, the fax number, and the name of the contact representative to whom notifications should be sent. Shamrock Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE IN 2021?
Shamrock Communications is adding to it’s team of sales professionals.
If you have sales experience and want to prove that you are worth more than you are currently making, contact Terry Dietz.
You will work with local businesses to show how Rock 107, ESPN Radio & Q 92.1 can be an important part in their marketing plan. Ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have B2B sales experience and is results-driven.
If you think you have what it takes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Shamrock Communications-Scranton is seeking a Promotions Director/On-air talent with radio, television, or digital marketing experience. The Promotions Director will be responsible for the promotional day to day workings of WEZX, WQFM, and WEJL. The Promotion Director is responsible for the public face of the radio station, overseeing station appearances, the websites, the databases, and on-air contests and giveaways. This person must be knowledgeable of marketing and branding, to ensure that all promotional efforts are focused on the station’s goals and consistent with the brand. They must be comfortable interacting with programming, sales, air talent, listeners and clients. Position requires a high degree of organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
This position will require a thorough understanding of social media, remote broadcast equipment, PromoSuite, Word Press, Adobe Audition, Photoshop, and Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
This Position will also have the responsibility of a daily air shift on The New Q92.
General Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Develop creative, focused promotions and marketing efforts that reinforce the brands of our radio stations
- Identify unique promotions and marketing opportunities for our stations based on market events, pop culture happenings, etc.
- Find creative ways to further enhance our stations’ image and brand identity in the eyes of the public
- Develop opportunities for the radio stations to garner publicity and word of mouth advertising by creating public events that are consistent with the various stations’ image/brand
- Maximize our stations’ impact at all public appearances, emphasizing crowd interaction, on-air presentation, on-sight visual appeal and drive-by visual appeal
- Manage execution of station events, being live on location at station events
- Manage contesting, execution of sales promotions, and annual station events.
- Develop professional proposals and one-sheets outlining promotional efforts for clients
- Oversee the radio station intern program and insure that interns are being utilized to the fullest and that they are learning from the experience
- Oversee the radio station websites to ensure current, compelling content and design are kept relative to the station and up to date.
- Develop promotions that are consistent with the brand image of the various radio stations that also serve the needs of our advertising clients
- Create revenue-generating opportunities for advertising clients to partner with our radio stations’ existing promotional efforts
- Oversee the listener databases of our radio stations, ensuring continued growth
- Create and distribute professional press releases for station events
- Oversee part-time Promotions Team, scheduling, supervising, leading, and training
- Recruitment of part-time promotions tech staff and interns
Requirements of this position include:
- A Degree in communications, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is preferred.
- Clean Driving Record and a valid Driver’s License is a must
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively adapt, delegate and follow-up in regards to projects
- Excellent interoffice communication skills
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a family owned radio group submit your cover letter and resume to Mark Hoover Program Director email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer….Drug Free Workplace
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 01, 2021
Shamrock Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. For information on advertising on Rock 107 contact Terry Deitz at 570.207.8561 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities needing assistance with the contents of the FCC online public file should contact WEZX by calling 570-346-6555 or by sending an email to email@example.com